01 September 2010

celebrations

so many things to celebrate this week:
special first first day for Mr. J (complete with back-to-school-basket). 
a birthday for Mr. J that included cheeseburgers and fries for dinner. we are classy that way. 
a first day of preschool for Piglet. I did cry, in the car, a little. 
book group (so far, not loving mockingjay).


and now it's goodbye to August and greetings to September. and already I can sense autumn in the air, whispering on the morning chill and evening breezes. it's coming. but not before we say goodbye to summer altogether, with some more celebrating. and at our house, special occasions call for a sparkling, but completely unleaded, beverage. even piglet enjoyed his in a goblet, which he felt necessitated several toasts. how does he know these things? 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

So glad to hear that someone else wasn't that impressed with Mockingjay. I am very disappointed about how it ended. I hate it when that happens with a series.