
Not just a right, but also an obligation. Vote today. It matters, whether or not it matters. B will be leaving the house at 5 am tomorrow. From that time until 9pm he will be home a total of 30 minutes. He's finding time to vote. I'm finding time, somehow. (2 year olds aren't welcome at the polls, really). From my own little soap box: regardless of preferred outcome, do it for accountability, liberty, possibility.
4 comments:
For real? They won't let you bring M? I voted early, but there's were quite a few moms and grandparents with a couple kids in tow. Sorry they won't let you bring him.
I have taken my kids to vote before - The location I voted at looked like a day care - I'd be surprised if you weren't allowed to take M. He'd charm everyone waiting in line.
Oh, it's not that he isn't allowed, but just that he has an extreme aversion to holding still, being quiet, and staying next to mommy. It's a bad bad bad idea to take him with me.
I remember my parents taking us to the voting polls all the time. Another way my parents were an example and showed us what it means to be a citizen of this country and have the freedom to vote. Luckily Aaron had today off so I didn't have to take Jack.
Post a Comment