excerpt of a phone conversation with my friend in Texas:
Me: Wow...that's a really big word for 2nd grade.
Marty: Well, it was a bonus word.
Marty to W in the background: no W, you don't need to spell it for her, we know you can (pleading sweet voice of a 7 year old in the background) Well, OK.
Marty to Me: W wants to spell it for you
Me: I would love it.
W: M-E-T-A-M-O-R-P-H-O-S-I-S
Me: I am really impressed you can spell such a big word. That was great!
W: Thanks!
Me: Are you the smartest kid in your class?
W: Um, like 6th smartest, out of 21.
Me: You are really cool. When you come to visit me and Tough Guy will you teach little M lots of cool boy things?
W: Yes, but does he know at least 100 words yet or something?
Me: He can say a lot of words but I don't know about 100...
W: Well, he has to know at least 100 words so he can understand my instructions.
Me: OK, we'll work on that.
W: OK, well, Bye!
This is one delightful blonde-haired blue-eyed smarty pants and I can hardly wait to visit with him, his fabulous little sisters and of course his ultra-cool parents this summer!
2 comments:
What a charming kid!
What a nutty kiddo! (I can say that cause he's mine:)
Post a Comment