29 November 2007

just a bad day!

One of those days that starts out bad and just keeps going...

The electrician called to say he can't finish our basement until the end of January. This is a major setback. I drove to Rexburg  (about 30 minutes away) to make a delivery at BYU-Idaho and get a few  items  at a shop there.   I arrived on campus & realized I forgot to bring a stroller so off I hiked through the wind with 25 pound toddler and package. Ugh! The recipient had changed her mind, trip was in vain, so back I trudged to the car with my load to find a parking ticket on my windshield. Grrrrrrrrr. Arrived at the shop to find they didn't have what I needed. M then bonked his head and began to scream. Sigh. I made a substitute purchase and carried  bags and baby out to the car. While juggling all these things, M managed to lock the keys in the car! Double Grrrrrr. Back to the store to call  AAA. Then we waited. And waited. Most of the next hour was spent chasing M out and in of the automatic sliding doors. (Thank You to the nice ladies at the Distribution Center who entertained him while I spoke to AAA). The locksmith arrived, thankfully, and I called B to [complain about my day] let him know were were OK. Then he told me he was having a bad day, too, and then I felt worse for complaining. Poor guy won't be home until 9:30 tonight. Hopefully my day will have perked up by then and he won't come home to a grumpy me! 
PS:  M opted for a "code brown" on my living room floor. Will the day just end already?

No comments: