07 February 2011

friends


it's just such a lovely feeling to have friends. to share junk food with. to shimmy and shake with. to laugh with when really I'm stuck in the murky mud of low self esteem. (I know it's zumba and everyone looks ridiculous, but I always feel like the ugliest girl in the room). to snail mail with. to confide in. to suggest questionable tactics in marital negotiation. to say nice things about my little ones. to make hand-me-ups out of hand-me-downs. to venture into unknown territory with.  to look out for one another in a world of strangers. to make me feel a little bit warmer despite the arctic chill. to look up to them for all their kindness and talents and goodness. it's especially nice to have friends when I probably don't deserve such nice ones. Without them, I would feel utterly alone in a dreary season.

ps. I love to browse sarah jane. so much sweetness.

2 comments:

Hil said...

Friends really do make life so much sweeter. You are lucky to have such great ones!

p.s. If I came to zumba you would no longer feel like the ugliest girl in the room... as I would take over that position! This girl just can't move and groove. Especially when it comes to hip shaking!

marta said...

couldn't agree more! thanks to you, miss kj.

p.s. i totally came home and whined to dan how horrible i am at zumba. hopefully just trying can burn calories.