16 September 2010

not blogworthy

my boy turned 4 this week. and we celebrated simply. no designer invitations, no swarm of excited children, no elaborate games or hanging pom poms or gourmet cakes or beautifully appointed tables of treats, not even adorable party favors. not a single one. and I'm a total sucker for the party favor. No gaggle of trendy mothers swooning over my efforts and cleverness. Somebody call the blog police.

He wanted only one thing for his birthday: "cake. chocolate with frosting." So that's what I delivered.

Of course we aimed to make his day special in ways that mattered to him. Maybe I had a brief pang of regret when I realized my fun ideas (which included a live superhero. in spandex) wouldn't come to fruition and there would be nothing super cool or, dare I say, blog-worthy about his special day. But he was pleased. Nothing else matters. And it's rather great his expectations are low.

I know, I know. I should probably just give up blogging altogether. Shameful.

2 comments:

MartyE said...

I think simple is good. Besides, all you really need for a good birthday is chocolate cake with with chocolate frosting. Smart boy.

marta said...

what a darling boy. and good for you. birthdays don't have to be blogworthy to create a happy memory. what a cute mom you are.