Somewhere in the haze of childhood memories I recall listening to a "Frog and Toad" book on tape when I was a little girl. Hmm. Or maybe it was "The Wind in the Willows." Either way, I was happy when, during one of our visits to the bookstore for story time, Mr. J discovered this on the bargain shelf for $5. Our resident book critic, age 3.5, deems it a winner. Cover to cover several nights each week.
I especially like "The Swim." Silly Toad is afraid he looks funny in his bathing suit and doesn't want anyone to see him. He does look funny in his bathing suit. I'm also quite fond of the lovely illustrations.

2 comments:
i bought that book at a used bookstore when i was pregnant with my son. i haven't read it to him yet, but i'm looking forward to it!
I loved that book!
Post a Comment