19 January 2010

happy for...


ugly warm boots
cheerful manners: "oh, thank you mommy!" and "you're welcome very much!" and "please, may I _______?!"
a book to read
cute paper buntings
leftover cake
nanuk's gleeful, lightning-speed tongue-trilling
an extra blanket on my bed
and today especially: soup simmering, bread baking, baby napping, toddler "reading," sun-shining, diet-coke-sipping.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, that sounds so perfect. So different from my day. I'm jealous....but so glad you got a chance to enjoy all those little things that are the most important!

KJ said...

it's been one of those days wherein I needed to force myself to remember some things deserving of my gratitude. ;)

Elizabeth said...

Some days are definitely like that. Are you still interested in size 6-1/2 pink shoes? Just in time for Easter? Every time I walk in my closet I remember I need to deliver them to you - if you still want them! (No obligation, of course...)

Mike and Jenny said...

Do you make the paper buntings, and what flavor of cake???

KJ said...

made the paper bunting--i haven't dared sew one yet, which I'd love to do. your mom's pumpkin cake recipe with chocolate chips.