14 November 2009

a pumpkin shower

My neighbor is expecting her first baby at the first of the new year. I held a shower at my home last week, for her and about 30 guests. It was fun to pull it all together, keeping it simple taking advantage of seasonal offerings. Here's a peek.


pumpkin cupcakes, polka-dot pumpkin lanterns, a diy abc book for baby, little packets of spices, lovely friends, and a radiant mommy-to-be.

Aunt Jan's Pumpkin Cake:
4 eggs                                
1 cup oil                                 
1 2/3 cups sugar                 
2 cups pumpkin          
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp. salt
optional: 1 cup chocolate chips, stirred in at the end of mixing.

Beat all ingredients together until smooth.  Bake in 9x13 pan at 350 degrees for 25 minutes (20 minutes for cupcakes).  Top with your best cream cheese frosting.  Multiply recipe by 1 1/2 to make a sheet-pan size cake. 

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

How fun...looks like the shower turned out awesome! You are so good about putting those things together.

Howard and Melissa said...

This is Natalie's mom. I came across your blog through Natalie's blog...I love reading your posts--very well-written! Thank you so much for hosting a baby shower for her! She has told me so many wonderful things about it, and I was excited to see pictures of it! Thanks for being such a great neighbor, as well!

Natalie and Aaron said...

Kim, thanks again for a fabulous baby shower! It really was perfect!