Homework assignment:
~Get a baggie and go to your make-up drawer. Using extras, pack a make-up kit you can keep in your suitcase. Have a toiletry bag ready to go: Put baby wipes in a baggie (if they dry out, just dampen them) to wash your face, and refill or buy some travel-size toiletries.
~Make a packing list of comfortable, washable travel clothes to keep in your suitcase. (The list, not the clothes.)
~Blog about something you never leave home without. Prompt: "I never go anywhere without double-stick tape. I use it for _________.
Bon Voyage!
Well, the kits and the packing list are put together. They've been put together for ages. A few years of frequent business travel taught me preparedness, packing light, and anticipating snafus. Adding children to the mix isn't much different, it just means more stuff. So the kit for mommy, the kit for daddy, the kit for toddler, the kit for baby and the respective packing lists sit patiently on standby, likely reminiscing of their bygone jet-setting days.
I never go anywhere without...baby wipes. Even when I don't have the babies with me, I have the wipes. I'm admittedly a bit of a germ freak, and I hate to feel dirty, especially when I'm away from home. Feeling gross puts a damper on any outing. I never know when I might need to wash my hands or give a questionable surface a quick swipe. I wipe down high chairs and table edges in restaurants before my little ones get strapped in. Its true. My friends laugh but I don't mind. The thought of what could be sitting, living, breeding on such things just makes me shudder. I use baby wipes on shopping carts, cell phones, steering wheels, travel toys. In hotel rooms every surface gets a wipe the instant I set my bags down. If my diet coke takes a little tumble in the car, baby wipe to the rescue! Sticky toddler faces and gooey toddler fingers? Clean in an instant. Baby blowout? Got it covered. Baby wipes are my new go-to accessory, right up there with lip gloss, bobby pins and big sunglasses. Very chic, very on-trend, no?

1 comment:
I was at the drive-thru window at the pharmacy the other day, holding the phone to my face, when suddenly I realized that everybody who holds that phone is sick!! I need to start carrying the new cool accessory—baby wipes.
Post a Comment