21 May 2009

facebook

facebook: release your inner voyeur. 
i've got a love/hate thing going with facebook. 
nice to connect with some people, but best to avoid others. 
what to do when old flames start adding you as a friend?
confirm or ignore?
even without intentions of re-kindling (let's not be absurd) is it weird? are motives in question? I just don't know how I feel about it. 
they probably just want to see if I packed on some extra poundage. 
I am of course assuming they are as adolescent now as back then. 
and for the record, I have not packed on any extra poundage. 

4 comments:

Jason Carson said...

Sure! Why not? I love to hear what old friends are up to. I ended up well, and I hope they did too! And every one I've come in contact with -- flames or not -- have helped make me who I am today...

Caprene said...

I'm totally with you on that Kim. I've had a couple add me lately, kind of caught me off guard. I accepted, we emailed and catch up, and then I go back to life as though nothing happened. But your life is so different than mine turned out, so here's why i say,"accept the invitations my friend." Brag about your handsome hubbie and your so very cute two little boys. You've done so much with your life. You can totally make those men jealous they let you go...

Katie said...

depending on the length and heat of the flame I think it can be REAL awkward for sure! pretty much every single one of P's old girlfriends has added him...weird, i would NEVER add an old boyfriend... I am way to prideful!

Elizabeth said...

Ignore it! Remember why you left that guy in the dust.