Don't call the mommy-police but I permit the Piglet to watch cartoons in the morning. Mickey Mouse and Little Einsteins, they are air back to back on the same channel. I do so because it occupies him for 50 minutes while I tend to Nanuk or the dishes or my hair. Also Because he likes to solve problems with the Mouseketools and he's learned terms like adagio and forte and recognizes Beethoven's 5th by ear. Secretly I also permit it because I love the 5 minute short cartoon that airs in between his 2 shows. Maybe my geek gene is manifesting itself but every episode makes me laugh. Those naughty sheep!
20 April 2009
Mommy confessions
Posted by
KJ
at
2:23:00 PM
Labels: confessions, little ones, parenthood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
guilty. PBS is my friend. our favorite is Super Why. I need a 30 min. break to take a shower without Jack opening the door and getting water everywhere. a little me time is good for our sanity. don't feel bad.
Don't feel bad. L learned her alphabet from Super Why and Sesame Street. On occasion she watches several hours of PBS in one day. (not very often) She freaks out if she doesn't get her morning shows in, it throws a serious wrench in her routine. And the worst of it...sometimes I go back to sleep while she watches her shows. She wakes me up when they are done and we re-start our day from there. Oh the naughtiness of me. Or laziness, whatever you please.
This reminds me of Wallace & Grommit - LOVE those!
Post a Comment