01 April 2009

I'm pretty sure we have to move

The meltdowns persist. One even happened in a neighbor's front yard. for 30 minutes. People stared. I'm sure some people laughed. I played all my parenting cards (bribes, threats, begging) in futility. I'm sure I looked more than a bit foolish. Humiliating. Our neighbors may have permanent hearing damage as a result of said meltdown. We should probably just move out of the neighborhood.

2 comments:

Mike and Jenny said...

So sorry. I can send you my instructions if you want them, but you must follow them exactly - both of you. They've worked for every parent I've seen as a client in this situation, just say the word.

Front Porch Friend. said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. We've all been there at one time or another with our kids. If the parents are making fun of you, they'd better be careful. It will someday come back and BITE THEM IN THE BUTT! Anyway, I'm having a similiar meltdown in my front yard over this weather, and I'm fairly certain it's more embarassing to watch an adult lose it than a 2 year old. HANG IN THERE!