I've been released from the Young Women Presidency in my ward, a bittersweet turn of events. Bitter because I feel a kinship and an obligation to these tender teenage girls, facing crossroads and challenges and so in need of love and encouragement and role models. They make me laugh, make me feel like my time with them matters, and I enjoyed planning meaningful activities with them. Sweet because it was very time consuming and frustrating, under a fun-loving yet disorganized president to whom my "counsel" was useless. It made for too much precious time wasted, and too many sub-par efforts. The girls deserve 100%, as does the Lord.
- When making choices, consider this: "it may not be the worst thing I could do, but is it the best thing?"
- Do more than you think is necessary: be kinder, work harder, aim higher than you think you need to. The bare minimum is not enough to see you through, whether academically, socially, or spiritually.
- Young Women is a program dedicated to you, but it's not always about you: Participating is often more valuable than any specific activity or lesson, whether your participation benefits you or someone else.
- Education, both now and after high school, is critical. Don't sacrifice it, don't waste it, don't ignore it.
2 comments:
well said. as always. nicole
Kudos to you Miss Kimberly for a job well done. I know of AT LEAST one specific young woman who formed a 'heart connection' with you. You, and only you, instilled things in her that couldn't have come from anyone else...including her mother. So, don't feel less than anything but fabulous for a job well done. I know the Lord is pleased with your efforts. Gracias!
Post a Comment