I'm having a little pre-delivery anxiety. Our little "nanuk" in the womb is still officially nameless.I can't go into labor without a name. Just can't. We've come up with several names we like, but none that we are loving. I just nixed one name from our list because it was in the top 10 most popular names for 2008. Too trendy for my taste though we really liked it. I prefer to land somewhere more in the middle of Trendy and Traditional. Our last name is quite common, so we need a name for our baby with a bit of personality to it.
Officially opening up comments for suggestions. For a boy's name. 2-syllable names seem to work best with the middle name we've chosen, and our last name, which ends in "n." Let's have it. Throw out those suggestions. Any and all, no matter how radical or boring someone else might find them.
5 comments:
If I were to have another boy, his name would be Andrew, after my Grandfather. I also like Chandler, Gavin and Riley.
Choosing names are so hard. I am having a hard time finding a boy name this time around also (not that I know yet-we find out the sex next week!!!) I'll share some of my personal favorites next week-just want to reserve them in the off chance this one is a boy (keep your fingers crossed). Joe is seriously in the running for me, just have to get Aaron to agree. I'm all for traditional-none of these unisex/trendy names. Good luck!
I'm partial to Spencer. Check out the link below, The Social Security Administration has a search engine for baby names, you can search by birth year, popularity, by state, and my favorite: the 1000 most popular names by decade all the way back to the 1880s. It's interesting and a little entertaining at the very least. Good luck.
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/
Jenny told me about your name search last night, so I came up with some that fit the criteria. Remember, they're just suggestions, so take them for what they're worth. Here they are: Mitchell, Vincent, Winston, and Edward. I'll re-post if I think of any more.
This is Mike again. I have several more for you. Let me know if you like any of these: Simon, Calvin, Stanford, Oscar, Edmond, Stewart, or Monroe.
Post a Comment