30 January 2009

big mouth

I have a slight tendency to say exactly what I mean, mean exactly what I say, and share my opinion openly. Rarely do I do so with any malice or motive to offend. Trust me, there would be no question in anyone's mind if and when that were to be the case. Sometimes, though, my willingness to spout forth my own pearls of wisdom gets me in trouble. I'm aware. It's a flaw I'll work my whole life to overcome, though I believe (see? an opinion already!) that most people choose to be offended when offense isn't intended.

A sampling. They don't have to be yours. I won't hate you if they aren't.
  • Star Wars is highly overrated. All of it. But mostly episodes I, II, III. Ugh.
  • Sour cream has no business in my guacamole.
  • The world would be a better place with more Southerners in it (think hospitality, graciousness, etc.)
  • DisneyWorld is cool.
  • Video Games: in general, a massive waste of time and money with little of good report.
  • Each season is entitled to it's own 3 months of expenditure per year. Taking more is selfish on the part of any season, especially winter.
  • Our constitution is as sacred to me as scripture. Don't anybody mess with it.
  • My husband is handsome.
  • My kid is cute.
  • I used to be. So did my tush.
  • Being busy doesn't make you a victim. Everyone is busy. And busy with things they probably chose. So stop whining.
  • Reality TV just needs to stop.
  • Jell-O is not a food group.
  • Breast-feeding: a private affair/misery that is also overrated. Discretion please.
  • Public education is a great blessing; a right worth preserving, protecting and improving.
  • Type-A is not a bad thing.
  • "Twilight" is an insult to my intelligence. I wanted to like it, really I did, but 160 pages about made me nuts.
  • Uggs with capri pants. Wrong, very very wrong.

4 comments:

Jack Attack said...

love it! your honesty is refreshing and humorous. totally agree with #2, #5, #14, and #15. and although Jell-O may not be a food group, i love to eat it, esp. in jiggler form. and you do have some good lookin' boys. can't wait to see what this next one looks like!

Greg Hanson said...

I've always like your honesty. Never have to second guess where you stand. Funny list too. Loved the reference to video games

Jack Attack said...

I say not to Uggs period.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for pointing out the busy thing. I totally agree. Thanks also for the nice compliment about Southerners (also saw that on my blog...). I agree with that, too. Although I would now, wouldn't I? :)