Friday marked the return of the annual Chili & Pie cook off at our church. Last year, as a newcomer, I took home the grand prize for my Red Chicken Chili. That's right, little old me that is generally mediocre in the kitchen. Apparently we ousted a reigning champ. (Joy, is that true?) We missed this year's gig due to a sick toddler, so I wasn't able to defend my title. Or eat any pie. Boo. But I'd love to share with you the inspiration for last year's award winning recipe. I've made various versions of this, adapted and tweaked it to our preferences (for example, I like to add chopped fresh cilantro at the end), but the original is excellent also. I recently served it to B's younger brother, who isn't a typically adventurous eater, and he had 3 helpings. Enjoy.
10 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yummy! My kitchen antics could use a little boost. ☺
Thanks!
Post a Comment