I managed to make it work 2 years in a row. And I must say it's rather fulfilling, if a little out of character for me. Definitely a 2 person job, this preserving of fruit business. But worth the effort for the intoxicating fragrance of the peaches, the pride in the bright, tightly sealed bottles full of summer's sweetness, and the bowl full of fresh sliced heaven when the work is done. Few things taste as good as the last fresh peach at the end of long evening of blanching, peeling, slicing, boiling and cleaning. And cleaning.
We'll enjoy these all winter long. And, uh, those bubbles? Not really supposed to be there. But I'm an amateur.
2 comments:
I think they are absolutely beautiful! You've got all sorts of tricks up your sleeve. Don't forget me when you make applesauce...I'm in! : )
Perfection in a jar...they look lovely!
Post a Comment