29 September 2008

Hormone check

It's all coming back to me, the same pre-natal-whacko-hormone symptoms I experienced with M. Granted, I'm a rather passionate, opinionated person in the first place. Factor in a pregnancy and I'm a certifiable head case. As interested as I am in the Presidential election, I'm not allowed (truly, my husband had to intervene) to watch any election coverage on TV. Period. Can't take the intensity and the related, um, crap. I recently viewed a brief segment of one of the conventions and found myself wailing on the phone to my friend: "I just don't know! There's nothing to believe in anymore! I just don't know! I can't take it!"  I don't blame her for keeping her distance. I'm nuts. Last night the Discovery Channel had me on edge. Nuts, I tell you.

Any sort of evening drama program on television is simply out of the question. With M in utero, I actually watched CSI regularly. On mute. Commercials made me crazy--like fingernails on a chalkboard.  In fact, I watched nearly everything on mute by the end of my pregnancy. It sounds like I watched a lot of TV back then. I really did during my last trimester. B was often gone in the evenings and I just wanted to sit and elevate my legs with the TV for company.
Until this child makes it's official debut come the end of winter, I'm afraid I'm restricted to The Food Network. Even Dancing With the Stars offers more pressure than I can handle these days. Nuts. Nuts. Nuts. I need a McChicken. NOW.

4 comments:

Greg Hanson said...

Whoa, where have I been. I must have missed a few posts as I didn't even know you were expecting. Either that or I'm in such a frazzle as it slipped my mind. Congrats! and good luck!

Petit Elefant said...

*snort* {muffled hysterical laughter}. hahahahaha. at least it's only a short period of time. and i've completely blacked out {selectively forgotten} some of my less attractive hormonal episodes while pregnant. so, there's that. someone get this woman some mcdonalds. stat!

{incidentally, no one can stand watching the debates. they're not even as compelling as a train wreck.}

Front Porch Friend. said...

Shall I run the McChicken over now, or later? Just say the word and I'm there for you!

whitty said...

From my perspective, you're not missing all that much in the actual election coverage, but I will say you can find a good laugh from some of the SNL skits about the election. Plus, the Food Network is a better choice any day. Except that it leaves me craving whatever Bobby's fillet-ing and wishing I had an accent like Paula Dean's.