It's time again. Ugh! I rarely have a reason to put on a Halloween costume. Thankfully. My dear B, on the other hand, is practically bound by contract to wear one--we've been piecing together Indiana Jones over the last few years. All that's missing is the jacket, as we have yet to find an affordable facsimile. (I welcome tips on sources for such things!) It's certainly more fun to go costume hunting for M. Last year's little purple dragon will be difficult to beat: it was cute and warm, a steal at $9, and nobody else in town had one like it. These 3 criteria are a must again this year. Sadly, I dare not [gasp] make one from scratch.
I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to Halloween costumes. Pop stars (save Gene Simmons), cheerleaders, and potty humor need not apply here. I prefer sweet little witches, ghosts, pumpkins and the like. No weapons or masks, and very little makeup on my list. My mom made very adorable jack-o-lantern costumes for my sis and I when we were little. She didn't do many crafty things but these costumes were perfection, complete with newspaper stuffing. Note to self: call mom, find costumes.
Until the Great Costume Search--for jack-o-lanterns and otherwise--comes to a successful end, I leave you with this:
yours truly, Halloween, age 3
PS: checkout my roundup of cute make-yourself costume ideas today over at
petitelefant.com
4 comments:
how cute were you!
I am having the same delima...let Jack were his costume from last year (it fits...kind of), do a family theme, let Jack choose (Buzz Lightyear probably), or make one when my mom is here next week?
seriously you make me laugh so hard! You really are a great writer, might I add! You were an adorable Indian! I loved your Halloween post from last year. What a cute dragon you had! I was also blessed with the most incredible homemade Halloween costumes every year. I, on the other hand, will be purchasing my future children their costumes. I am not much of a seamstress!
So cute! When I was 3, I wanted to be both Big Bird and a Witch, so I was Big Bird-Witch, both at the same time. I think you look so much like Max here! Can't wait to see pics of his costume.
Brit: I've always thought it would be cute to do a Family Wizard of Oz. Mommy=dorothy, Daddy=Scarecrow, M=Lion. B is not really on board. Martha Stewart had some cute family costume ideas.
Post a Comment