Does anything say "summer in America" quite like a hometown baseball game on a warm and hazy summer evening? Our local farm team opened their season on June 17th against the Casper Ghosts. Yep, you read that right. Casper as in Wyoming. Ghosts as in Casper the Friendly. Seriously. Love it. But...I have no idea what a Chukar is. They're back in town this coming weekend at Melaleuca Field. View Game Schedule here.
21 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I laughed out loud when I heard the Chukars were playing the Casper Ghosts. We must be on the same wavelength. Seriously, who names their team the ghosts? What to they do on the field, disappear? And, by the way, a chukar is a bird native to Idaho, and a far better mascot than our former one, the Padre. You haven't been freaked out at a ballgame until your daughter is hugged by a creepy guy in a Padre uniform! It's worth blocking the memory!
Post a Comment