11 April 2008

Whew!

Because I love lists, and love crossing items off said lists, I am pleased, albeit exhausted, to present the "Things I have checked off the ubiquitous "To Do List" List:

~Start vegetable garden indoors. Look! Things are growing!
~Get a great haircut (oh, the liberation!)
~Electrical work in basement completed without calamity.
~Sheet rock delivered without calamity.

~Sheet rock hung without calamity.
~Obtain very expensive estimates for painting the basement.
~Leave M with first official hired babysitter to attend our...
~first "_______of the Year" dinner (B was nominated). (I'm proud of him). (He's now embarrassed).
~Accept guilt for the trauma M experienced once he realized we were gone.
~Vow never to leave him with a babysitter ever again.
~Install new shelving in new storage room in new basement and organize to my heart's content. (thanks, B!)
~Revel in the blissful glory that is a freshly organized closet. And oh, how I will revel. I may even beam. I may take photos. I may consider sleeping in there...

3 comments:

Greg Hanson said...

you were a busy little bee this weekend. basement looks nice. don't leave your hubby upstairs alone though ;)

KJ said...

there's a guy downstairs taping the sheet rock as we speak. Next week is paint, after that is carpet & trim. And after that: bring on the houseguests, the playroom, the project room, and movie nights. I just can't wait!

Greg Hanson said...

That so reminds me of our Santaquin, UT house and the basement there. Was nice to not have any window glare on the TV. I may just have to start a little home project with our unfinished 2nd story space. You've motivated me; at least to put in an entertainment room ;)