Since my new home is still rather a blank canvas in terms of decorating (putting it off until the infamous basement is finished), I've been courting a few ideas. Right now I'm liking the graphic impact of a fleur de lis, but in a not-so-shabby setting, since I'm not knick-knacky. Some inspiration from Etsy:
displayed alone...on a bookshelf? Or in a vertical trio on a wall?

perfect for soaps in the bath, or catching baubles on the vanity...

so pretty for the new guest bath...

or hanging brightly where I'll see it all day, every day...

Any thoughts? Suggestions? My taste leans toward modern, but I like the idea of mixing in traditional elements. But, let's be serious, I have not idea what I'm talking about!
4 comments:
I love all those things together! And you could totally make those blocks with canvas, paint and a stencil!
they are all great. once again, we are very similar. i have a few fleur de lis items around my home. and i love the print. have seen it on many sites. perfect for my laundry room.
I think the wall art blocks are very cool, especially in groups of 9 or 16 on the wall - The only down side to this stuff, for me personally, is the "fleur de lis" print - When I look at it, the first thing that immediately comes to mind is the scouting logo (we may see that differently since I have a son in scouts)... I feel like the soap dishes were created with the "Blue and Gold Banquet" in mind. I know that a true decorator wouldn't say that, but I am the last person anyone should look to for decorating advice :) Cute stuff though, and I love the "keep calm and carry on".
The soaps are awesome! Go for what you love. I think that anymore, there really aren't many decorating "rules". Mix the old with the new, traditional with modern. If you love it, it works!
Post a Comment