24 April 2008

Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks...

Well, I don't really like peanuts or cracker jacks all that much, but I do enjoy baseball season. There's something all-American and leisurely and summery about it that I really love. Since the Red Sox are off to a great start this season, enjoy these photos courtesy of the Library of Congress flickr stream(found via Oh Happy Day)

Fenway Park
Fenway Park, before 1914 World Series
Boston Red Sox, 1912 World Series

2 comments:

Jack Attack said...

you're speaking my language...okay, maybe not my language, but that of my husband. I married into a family where they eat, drink and dream baseball. I love to go to games, but hate watching it on TV. Jack was born during the World Series and Aaron had it on all the time, even during labor! the P* boys are born with a catcher's mitt on their hand and can throw a ball before they can crawl. Jack loves to play with Aaron. I can't wait for T-Ball. Aaron played ball in college and his grandfather played on a minor league team and played against Babe Ruth!

Our teams...the Giants and Padres...and Dodgers since we have the farm team here.

Play Ball!

Aranne and Dan said...

I too enjoy going to the ball game. It is sad that we don't have a pro team here but it is almost more fun to go to the minor league games... Go 51s... I grew up going to the Dodgers and the Angels while my husband went to the Diamondbacks...