Last week I accompanied the young women from church, along with the young men and their leaders, on a snowboarding outing at Kelly Canyon. Not a resort for die-hards or those seeking a luxury experience, but great for kids and families. Alas, I was assigned to stand sentinel in the lodge in case of wayward teens or injuries, so I didn't get a snowboarding lesson--something I've been wanting to try for years. The kids, though, had an absolute blast! It was a long evening, but a fun one thanks to this guy, and t
his guy who rounded up all the gear and gave all the first-timers their lessons. And thanks to M.H who scored the lift passes and G.P. who kept the hot cocoa hot all night!
13 February 2008
outings and treats
As a "thank you" the YW signed card that went along with these sweet treats, all stacked in a clear bag. B loved them so much we did a repeat...What I'm going to do with 2 dozen giant oreo cookies is a complete mystery (whatever!)...but the treats really are easy and fun to share.
Posted by
KJ
at
9:44:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a great activity! Wow. That's not happening here in Texas--
The homemade oreos sound like the best part, though. Yummy!
Post a Comment