I met several new and lovely people this week and I must say they have reinforced my opinion that everyone in IF is nice. Everyone is genuine and interesting and friendly. Everyone here also knows how to build a house, but that's another story. I met S, a young mom in my neighborhood with cute toddler M's age--pleasant, patient and has a perfect complexion, I might add. I also met A., a sharp, energetic gal involved in event and travel planning, which are 2 things I really dig. Then there's K, a darling newlywed from Hawaii whose cheerfulness in the midst of a frigid, slushy, winter is inspiring. And J: warm and friendly, works f/t at a law office and said she wished she could be a stay-at-home mom. I'll remember that next time I'm having one of those "I'm just a mom that doesn't do anything interesting" moments. I really am fortunate that we can manage life the way we do, simple and modest though it may be. That's yet another tangent. I never imagined finding so many kindred spirits--and lunch buddies--so quickly after moving here. Truly everyone has been so nice. I hate to rely on such a basic word, but it's true! My neighbors K and B are super-sweet and include me in their long-standing "girls-nights," strangers helped us move into our house and didn't complain about the piano, when I'm out shopping with M in his SUV-of-a-stroller, someone always offers to help us get through tricky doorways. Strangers just lending a hand to an awkward mom. That kind of thing never happened in our old community. Keep up the good work, all you Idahoans. Thanks for making us feel welcome in so many ways.
13 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment