07 December 2007

clever indulgences for kids

While browsing one of those parenting magazines you only see in the pediatrician's office, I noticed an ad (right next to the Zutano clothing ad) and went online to investigate this thing called Sparkability. Am I the only mom-that-thinks-she's-hip that had never heard of it before? Such clever things for kids! My favorite, though, is this play house. It is eco-friendly--made from 100% recycled cardboard, collapsible for storage, and according to the site, lasts for years unless trampled upon. You and the kiddoes custom decorate with paint or crayons or decals or all of the above, and it's priced reasonably (I can't say the same for most things on the site...a nightlight for $125???) Another toy that caught my eye is this blocks in a box set. There are also some very fun wall decals, like the chalkboard tree and birdies above, and some cute stationery type items among other things. I'll have to re-visit next time I need to throw a shower...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Much cheaper than $45 is the free box that one of your appliances (or a neighbors) comes in. You just have to have some patience, but then you can be even more creative (since nothing is pre-designed for you) and you don't feel nearly as bad when you get completely sick of seeing it around and set it out with the trash. :)