Anyone who has ever done remodeling can attest: it is never completed on the timeline you hope for. When we moved to IF, we opted to buy a smaller home in order to complete the landscaping and basement immediately and without debt. I had fantasized that our basement project would commence as soon as we moved in and be completed by M's first birthday in September. Needless to say, it's now December and we are only almost done with the framing and the bathroom. Next is the electrical, then sheet rock, paint, carpet, finish work. Once completed, the basement will add 2 bedrooms, an office, a bathroom, a media room and a fantastic storage room. I'm terribly anxious! And, alas, terribly cranky. Maybe by the end of January we'll have a space for movie night, for playtime, for project time, and for guests. Come one, come all!
04 December 2007
basement woes
I'm considering something like this for the "media" portion of our media room. I like the idea of lower cabinets to keep M's curious little hands away from electronics, DVDs and CDs. I'm opting for white because there isn't much natural light in the room and I don't want it to feel "basement-y." Definitely replace the baskets with books. Any thoughts?
Posted by
KJ
at
12:47:00 PM
Labels: abode
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment