26 November 2007

past life

It's been a little while since I was involved in the corporate world, and I feel I've lost a bit of my "edge" or "mojo" or whatever you want to call it; that thing that made me feel sharp and capable and competitive. The other day a woman with whom I'd done business 2 years ago sent me an email. She is a very successful business owner, talented and sharp and even intimidating. In her email she was asking little ol' me about career opportunities for her, as she had recently sold her shares in the company she co-founded and is looking for challenges in this or that area and could I point her in the right direction or connect her with this or that person. I was stunned! Was I really that good once? Was I cool enough that someone like her would come to someone like me for advice? Sweet B, always my biggest fan, told me I was silly to question myself like that and of course I'm the go-to kind of gal. If only I had as much faith in myself as B...the things I could accomplish! 

No comments: