Tis the season for myriad home improvement projects as we are currently underway with framing, plumbing, and electrical work in the basement. Since B has the next few days off we are also tackling paint on the main level. The interior of our home was painted (walls and ceilings) a gloomy green called Garden Wall, with all the trim a white-white. Nothing against green in particular, but this one is quite gray-ish, not warm and inviting. We've chosen a soft golden khaki called Calm Air for the walls and Biloxi, for the ceiling. (View color swatches here. Whose job is it to name paint?) If M is cooperative and time remains on our side, we can get our room done also. The main parts of the house will require professionals, I'm afraid, but I'm hoping these choices will open things up and give the interior as much personality as the exterior.
20 November 2007
painting projects
Any input, classy gals with taste far superior to mine? I hate that I second-guess these decisions; looking at our paint under the florescent lighting at Home Depot made me nervous!
It's the point of no return and I'm still second guessing myself, since it has turned out more golden than khaki. B is calling it "Chamois." Does it really coordinate alright with the carpet? Is it too yellow? Too orange? I have no network of second-opinion givers nearby! Regardless, I suppose it's much better than the mildew-y color we had before.
Posted by
KJ
at
9:12:00 PM
Labels: abode
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment